Salary: £22,400 - £32, 901 p.a. (dependent on experience),
Full or Part-time, 28 days holiday including bank holidays
As part of the expanding specialist team, Trent & Peak Archaeology require an archaeobotanist to carry out the identification, assessment and reporting, of processed bulk samples from a variety of archaeological sites. In addition, the post will also involve the co-ordination and supervision of sample processing.
The post can be offered as either a full or part-time position based at T&PA offices in Chilwell, Nottingham, but may, on occasion, involve travel to the other branches of YAT (York, Sheffield). The candidate should have a Masters or PhD in environmental archaeology (or related discipline) and provide examples of previous work.
What we offer:
· Company pension scheme, where both the Employee and Employer contribute.
· Annual leave entitlement on joining is 28 days, rising to 33 days after 5 years service.
· Annual Holiday purchase scheme, purchase up to 2 weeks additional holiday.
· Driver’s allowance (£500 p.a.) for those staff that are regularly required to drive field staff to site.
· Free Eye tests for VDU users.
· Free access to our 5 York Attractions including the JORVIK Viking Centre for our employees, their
families and friends, and 25% discount on retail goods and souvenirs.
· Discounts to Trust Events, at applicable events.
· PPE suitable to your role.
· Training opportunities appropriate to the role, including a Key Contact scheme.
· Travel, subsistence and free accommodation provided for staff working away.
· Payment of CSCS test fee
Further details on the Trusts Recruitment, Rewards and Benefits can be found at -
You: Applicants should have a thorough understanding of UK commercial archaeology, and have a Masters or PhD in environmental archaeology (or related discipline) and be able to provide examples of previous work.
A permanent contract will be available for the successful candidate subject to completion of a probationary period.
Application: Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Kristina Krawiec (email@example.com)
For an informal discussion please contact Kristina Krawiec (Project Manager – Geoarchaeology) on 01158967400 or mobile 07506920392 .
Closing date: Sunday 11th August
Keep in touch
While there may not be any suitable vacancies for you now, Trent & Peak Archaeology are always on the lookout for good people, and we welcome applications whatever your level of experience. If you’d like to send a CV we would be more than happy to consider it. For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing a copy of your CV and a statement of your availability.
Volunteering and Work Experience
Trent & Peak Archaeology welcomes contributions from volunteers and students. You might be a student looking for practical experience for your degree, a beginner looking to learn more about archaeology, or someone with time to spare and a desire to get your hands dirty. We can’t always promise field excavation (it depends on what our work programme is like), but there are lots of hands-on jobs to do, from finds washing to cataloguing to environmental sample processing.